Greetings to everyone,
On Friday June 12th 2020, our Provincial Government's announcement regarding Phase 2 relaunch became official: Gatherings size is unlimited now for places of worship provided the procedures for preventing the risk of transmission of infection are implemented and followed. What that means for our congregation is we will be able to gather together Sunday morning but it will be different from what we are accustomed to. The key procedures are focused on protecting one another from getting ill, maintaining a set physical distance, practicing and maintaining specific personal hygiene. We will meet together to encourage one another, fellowship and learn from God's word in light of Alberta Health's guidelines. Specific details to prepare for Sunday June 21st, 2020, are as follows:
1. Do the self-assessment check available on-line prior to leaving home. You can use this link: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/journey/covid-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx. Do not attend if you have been outside Canada within the last 14 days, exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing any of the most common symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat) Alberta.Ca/biz-connect June 9 2020 (website: https://www.alberta.ca/biz-connect.aspx)
2. Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from people. The exception is people within your household and people within a Cohort family (the family you may have been with regularly during the pandemic). See the Alberta.Ca/biz-connect for further details and conditions. Please inform the ushers if you are with a Cohort family.
3. There will be an attendance list. Should there be a confirmed case arising, Alberta Health Services will be notified.
4. Use the hand sanitizer upon entering church and leaving church. If you wish to wear a mask, they will be made available in the foyer. Cover a cough or sneeze and avoid touching your face (AHS 2020).
5. Seating in the sanctuary will be arranged to permit the 2 meter distance requirement.
6. Bathrooms will be available on the west side (close to the gym) of the church. Due to the heating system upgrade and related work, the east side and basement are unavailable.
7. Use the "in" door to enter and the "exit" door to leave the church, they will be marked as such.
If you are unable to attend, the service will be recorded and made available online as in the past. A live stream option is being worked on at this time but may or may not be up and running prior to this Sunday morning service.
The Lord bless you, and we look forward to seeing you,