We have a number of different ministry areas, listed below, that are available for you to grow and nurture your faith, as well as connect with others and build lasting relationships. If you would like more information about these programs, or scheduling, please contact the church office, and we will put you in touch with one of our ministry leaders.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." (Mark 10:14)
We offer a number of different programs for kids throughout the year:
- Sunday School: With classes available from ages 3 and up, your children will have the opportunity to grow and learn about Jesus in a safe and caring environment. Sunday School is held at 9:45 AM, before our morning Worship service; Sunday School does not run on holiday weekends
- Children's Church: Children's church is designed for children ages 3-5, and runs during our morning Worship service through the school year (with the exception of holiday weekends). We offer a time of Bible stories, songs, games, crafts and snacks geared towards young children to help them learn about Jesus. Children will be dismissed during the morning service for this ministry.
- AWANA: Awana, which stands for "Approved Workmen are Not Ashamed", is taken from 2 Timothy 2:15, which states, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." (NIV). All of our clubbers, from age 3-grade 6, learn things from the Bible, memorize Bible verses, and sing songs of our love for Jesus. The Cubbies class includes games and crafts, while the rest of the kids' activities includes a flag ceremony, acting our skits of Bible stories, and playing games in the gym or outside. As part of a year-long competition with prizes at the end, they often do things like bursting balloons with Bible knowledge questions, and participate in Bible sword drills. If you have more questions about AWANA, please call the church office, and they will put you in touch with one of our AWANA leaders.
- VBS: In the summer, we offer a one week Vacation Bible School program. Children ages 5 - 12 are invited to come out in the mornings Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM to participate in various activities including songs, stories, crafts, games and snacks, all while learning about Jesus. For more information please contact the church @ 780.623.4677.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
Small groups are not only an important place to fellowship and establish deeper personal relationships with fellow believers, but also to dig deeper into God's Word and grow spiritually. We have a number of active small groups being held regularly.
If you would like to have more information about home groups contact the church office, and we'll put you in touch with the Small Group Coordinator. You can contact the church by emailing us here.
You are invited to be a part of our active Men's Ministry! Here are a couple of ways you can be a part of this dynamic group:
- Floor Hockey: Men's Floor Hockey runs each week on Thursday evenings at 7:00pm
- Saturday Prayer Breakfast: On the fourth Saturday of each month (except for July, August and December), we have a men’s breakfast and devotional. Beginning at the church at 7:30am, We meet for a time of prayer and a devotion, then go to a local restaurant for breakfast and fellowship. All men are encouraged and invited to attend!
- Mens Annual APD Retreat: The APD Men's 2020 retreat is open for registration and will be held February 28-March 1! Please follow this link to register.
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit- fruit that will last." (John 15:16a)
Our Women's Ministry is intentional in its desire to encourage and assist women in knowing Christ and serving others. We provide opportunities for being involved in helping those in need, developing relationships with God and encouraging one another.
- Munchkins 'N' Mums: A weekly program for mothers with small children. Held in the Gym, we offer a time for mums to get out and meet with other mums for Bible study and fellowship, while their children are lovingly cared for by others in a safe environment.
- Half-Day of Prayer: Let's get together and pray for global women's issues, as well as our Lac La Biche local community and each other! Our half days of prayer are scheduled on Saturday mornings several times a year.
- Helping Hands Meal Ministry: Our Helping Hands ministry provides and delivers meals to those needing an extra hand during tragedy, illness, arrival of new babies, etc., as well as other times when a helping hand is needed.
- Christmas Cards for Students: Each December, Christmas cards are sent out to our post-secondary students, along with a small gift for their encouragement.
- Support for Cecilia Huezo: This area of ministry is to specifically help and encourage Cecilia Huezo, missionary to El Salvador, with whom our church has partnered. Recipes, educational links and more are some of the practical ways we can partner with Cecilia.
- Blessings Market: Each spring, our church hosts a free "garage sale." Open to the community, we collect donations of gently used baby and children's items, and then sort/organize them, and offer them to any and all who attend the garage sale, free of charge!
- APD Ladies' Retreat: Please follow this link to register for the 2020 annual Ladies Retreat, held May 1-3 at Camp Nakamun.
The College & Career ministry is currently meeting once a month (the last Sunday of the month) for an informal time of coffee and fellowship. Please contact the church office if you would like more details on this ministry.
After the worship service you are invited to have a beverage, snack and fellowship with others before you leave.
Please join us each Sunday immediately following the service in our Coffee Area. See you there!